Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fun Happenings

Here are some of the fun things we have been up to lately...

Ty's hat--Ty has been saving his pennies (that he earns for being obedient, kind, sharing, etc) for a long, long time. He didn't want to spend them on something silly like a toy or a treat. No, this boy knew exactly what he wanted. He wanted to be like his dad and buy a hat. So, while it took him months to save up all the pennies, he finally bought his hat with dad. Both Scott and Ty were happy little boys!



Visit from Mimi--Scott's mom came to visit and the boys had a blast. We went to the Mountain View Art and Wine Festival that was in downtown Mountain View, just blocks from where we live. While we didn't drink any wine or look at any art, we did spend hours at the bouncy houses and slides. Ty and Cam were literally dripped sweat as they climbed out and they both exclaimed "That was FUN!!" We ate ice cream and kettle corn and it most definitely spoiled our dinner, but that's okay! It was such a treat to have Mimi come!











Weather turned cold--This is definitely a "fun happening". I have been waiting for fall and winter since, well, since last fall and winter! We celebrated by pulling out the rain boots...and the boys have not taken them off since!





Camping at Ice House Reservoir--We went camping with my grandma and grandpa and lots of my aunts and uncles. It was so fun for the boys to get to know more of the Wright family and see their great grandparents. They had so much fun and they both cried when we had to pack up our tent to go home. I wish we had more pictures...but alas, we don't.

The boys played by the lake, threw hundreds of rocks into the water, were showered with love and candy from my aunts and uncles, got to go fishing, and just plain got dirty! They loved it. Cam even had a battlewound to prove that you should not take climbing rocks lightly :)
Scott and I loved riding on the boat, riding the seadoos, and even jumping off of a 30 ft cliff. (Ok, so really, I climbed to the top and chickened out. Scott jumped. He is so brave.)









More fun things to come later!

4 comments:

  1. My kids have those same Target froggie boots! :)
    I'm glad you updated. Mimi told me all her time in CA ... it sounds like so much fun. We sure miss you! Come to UT soon! :)
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My rain boots are sitting on the floor in my bedroom just WAITING for some rain. I bought them a month ago. I've never had rain boots, so I'm so excited! I completely understand why your boys won't take theirs off...

    Camping looks so fun! I'm still toying with the idea of trying to go camping before my little one comes, but the idea of having to pee in the middle of the night makes me have second thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS!!! Those froggy boots with the green shirts and the little brother hug makes that THE cutest picture ever!! AWWW! I really, really, really hope we live close when our kids are 16-21 so they can get married hahaha- they are just too cute for words! Also, Molly, I don't know you but that is hilarious! Oh, Rach, thank you so much for the compliments on the felt food- it made me feel so good! My gift kinda got upstaged by a really cute huge tu-tu...so I was a little bummed, I'm not gonna lie- so your comment made me feel so good! You are funny- I would never let you pay me silly! Just tell me what you want and I would be more than happy to make some for my two favorite little cubs =) Do you want two lunches? Or were you thinking more like a dinner or more like basic fruits and veg? I'm not afraid to try something else- who know how it would turn out but it would be fun. I am getting good at the sandwiches though- just let me know- it is so very flattering for you to even ask me- I makes my day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I think you should post every day. And if not every day, then every other day. I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete