Monday, December 26, 2011

39 weeks and 3 days

Today we...

Took down ALL the Christmas decorations, including the tree, ornaments, and all the other random things we put up and packed them up and put them in storage.

Cleaned the entire house from top to bottom. We are talking...dusting, vacuuming, wiping, mopping, scrubbing, organizing, etc. I went way overboard with dusting all the pictures that are hanging up and even started doing all the baseboards on my hands and knees until I realized that I wouldn't be able to stand up if I kept it up. Scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees too.

Bathroom toilet got clogged...it had been working off and on for the past few days but flushing the toilet isn't something that you really want to be "off and on". So we called the plumber to come out and fix it. He checked our house and said it must be the main line and he was heading out to fix it. So we were putting the Christmas decorations away while he did that and Ty came in and said "There is yucky stuff all over the toilet and floor." So nasty. I mean, I am glad the main line got cleaned out, but did it really have to come out of our toilet??

So, I spent a good long time cleaning the bathroom. A good. long. time. But, not it is sparkling clean. I even had Scott take off the shower sliding doors and I scrubbed those puppies down. I had wiped them down before, but this was intense.

Scott finished up some more caulking in the bathroom. And it made it look even better than just sparkling :)

I cleaned and vacuumed out the car. I LOVE MY CAR SO MUCH. I really do. I feel like I treat it like one of my children. It has to been cleaned and wiped down at least once a week (don't worry, I make the kids bathe more often than that). Anyway, I knew I might be neglecting the car over the next few weeks so I gave it a last good clean and scrubbed it all out and wiped down the inside. I even got all the car seats cleaned up and wiped down and then put in the baby car seat base. So the car is all ready to go.

Then there was the laundry...oh, the laundry. I think that we did 7 loads. All the sheets, towels, and all the clothes that we want to wear in the next few weeks :) And then the real kicker is that we folded it all and put it away! That is always the hardest part for me.

Guys, this was an incredibly productive day. Baby boy McPhie, we are SOOO ready for you!

4 comments:

  1. yay! now we just need the little guy to show up!

    i went all psycho and cleaned like that last week, but i still have two months before my guy will come. i'm sure i'll do it all again when i get closer to my due date. it just makes you feel so much more ready doesn't it?

    and i so appreciate that you keep your car clean. i'm a freak about my car too, but i've noticed most people arent. i just don't know how they can drive around with trash rolling around on the floor. yuck.

    good luck with the delivery and with the new baby! i'll be thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.
    WOW!
    YIKES!
    Amazing!
    You go girl!
    and We're so excited to get the news tomorrow!!!!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today!! I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY HECK what is wrong with you??!! Can I have some of those Nesting Super-Powers? You guys amaze me so much I can't even talk about it! So excited and happy for all FIVE of you!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete