Thursday, October 15, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission...

Ty loves the song "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" and I am pretty sure we have sung that for a bedtime song for the past three months. I catch him singing it to himself as he plays with cars. I heard him telling his dinosaurs the other day that they will "love goin' on a mission". But, tonight was the icing on the cake.

We were sitting on the rug in his room, telling stories and just about ready for a song and prayer before bedtime. I had told him a story about a frog who said a prayer to help him feel better (don't ask me how I come up with these things...) and so after the story was over, we starting talking about prayer. Totally out of the blue, Ty says "Mom, Heney Fader and Jesus want Ty ta go on a mission!" It was as clear as day. Ty is speaking really well lately, but this was like nothing I have heard. It was as if a 10 year old said it. I was so taken back that I just said "What?". He said it again, exactly like the first time. I know that it might sound funny, but I was really touched when he said that. I looked at him and I could just see him out there in his suit teaching people on the street. It almost got me choked up thinking about it.

And then he jumped on Cameron and I realized that we have a long way to go!

But I am still excited for that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment