Wednesday, May 13, 2009

100 Miles??? YEAH RIGHT!!!

So at the beginning of May, I had these lofty dreams of running 100 miles during the month. WHAT WAS I THINKING? 100 MILES?? I was crazy! That is really far. I had it all mapped out and scheduled as far as when and how long I would run each day. Since I am in my last month of training for the half marathon, it seemed pretty reasonable. Then I realized that I have two kids and so many things to do and things just started coming up and I would miss a run here and there. We are already at the 13th and I am only at like 35 or 36 miles so far. And this isn't really something you can just "catch up" on. So, I have pretty much given up on hitting 100 miles in one month. Maybe some day I will do it....a good thing to put on my list of things to do before I die!
Still running my half marathon on May 30th though...I am really excited! We are doing 12 miles on Saturday and it will be my last "long" run before the actual race. Woo-hoo!

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how the half marathon goes! I am excited for you. Maybe we can run something together in the fall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Rach! I think when I was doing my marathon training, I got up to something like 40+ miles a week at one point. Crazy, huh? You will do great in your race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could do it with you! Have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete