Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cruel Crows and Chocolate Thunder

So this post contains two hilarious stories....maybe they won't be so funny once I write them, but they were incredibly funny when they happened.

First, Ty has really taken a liking to chasing the crows at the park we go to. We generally go to a school playground and so there is a big open field and he runs like crazy and chases all the crows away. On Friday, he was doing just that! This kid can run longer than I have ever imagined is possible. It is more like sprints. He sees a few crows gathered near each other and he runs as fas as he can to make them fly away. Then he laughs really hard and takes a little rest to let them land somewhere...and off he goes to chase them away again. Anyway, on Friday there was one particular crow that wouldn't really "fly" away, he would just run away or barely come off the ground and land 10 or 15 ft from where he was before. Ty kept running at him to make him really take off and fly away, but he just wouldn't do it. Ty chased him all the way across the field, across the playground, and finally the bird flew up on top of one of the buildings. The crow sat on top of the building right at the very edge as if to taunt Tyler...and that is exactly how Tyler felt. He kept jumping and waving his hands at him to try to scare him. Then he started yelling "Boo, Crow!" Nothing worked. It was exactly at this point that I remembered thinking, I bet this crow is getting pretty annoyed that Ty won't leave him alone. I hope he doesn't do anything mean to him....Ty was standing right exactly underneath him and the crow turned around and went to the bathroom....alot! LUCKILY...very luckily, Ty had just turned to me to ask me for help in scaring the crow and he took one tiny step away so it just missed his head....I mean, barely missed his head! Ty looked down and saw what happened and exclaimed "Hey! He went potty on me!" It was really funny...and really mean of the crow...and then really funny again!

Next story....Scott and I went to dinner last night (thanks to our friends Jen and Luke who came over to watch the kids) and we had so much fun. I always end up feeling like a 12 yr old girl who can't stop giggling when I go on dates with Scotty. Anyway, at the end of our dinner our waiter came over and said, "Can I interest you in some dessert? Perhaps some cheesecake or some chocolate thunder?" I don't know what came over me, but without thinking I said "Oh, that's okay. He's (pointing to Scott) my chocolate thunder!" Scott just gave me a confused look and then we both just started laughing so hard. I could not stop the tears from coming...oh man it was so funny. The waiter just said "I'll go get the check" and let us laugh our little hearts out! Then, walking out to the car, I was still ready to fall over from laughter at any moment, Scott proudly said "I have always wanted a girl to publicly announce that I was her chocolate thunder. So thanks, honey!"
Well, baby....you truly are my chocolate thunder!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, oh man, both those stories were hilarious!! I was practically in tears reading the second one! We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the stories. Matt asked, " Can we start calling Scott 'chocolate thunder' too? or is that just reserved for Rachel?"

    We also think it would make a great name for Scott's band... "Now, LIVE, in concert... Give it up for Chocolate THUNDER!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete